Attack in Paris

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Attack in Paris

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 am

Fudge wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Shhh!!!!
Facts.

Indeed. Did you gloss over the one where we gave them money to get started?

They weren't given money by the govt, they either had to have it already or wait for the amount to arrive from a relative or to be release into the care of a relative.

http://www.powayusd.com/online/usonline ... ndsite.htm
Immigrants had to show their money to prove they were not paupers. The amount was left to the discretion of the inspector until 1909 when Commissioner of Immigration William Williams directed that all immigrants must have railroad tickets to their destinations and at least $25--at that time, the approximate equivalent of an inspector's salary
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 am

Fudge wrote:Why can't we do both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Question of the day, right there.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:49 am

When my grandparents got here first things they did was
Learn English
Get a job
Assimilate into the American culture while adding a bit of their own to it
Proudly consider themselves Americans
Proudly wave the American flag

Now it's
Press 1 for English
Expect handouts
Your culture must adapt to mine, I'm keeping the one from the shit hole I just left
I'm a _______-American (fill in the blank) and sometimes just ________
The American flag is racist.

Yes I know it's not all of them, but it's enough of them doing this shit to cause problems with much of it being push by politicians for their political gain .
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 am

Fudge wrote:
WLJ wrote:When my grandparents got here first things they did was
Learn English
Get a job

Now it's
Press 1 for English
Expect handouts
Your culture must adapt to mine, I'm keeping the one from the shit hole I just left

Yes I know it's not all of them, but it's enough of them doing this shit to cause problems. Much of it is being push by politicians for their political gain .

Everything you described in the top is what the folks in my parish do. Would you like to come meet them? We have a feast coming up in December.

Unfortunately your parish isn't like all of them, I wish they were.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:58 am

WLJ wrote:
Fudge wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Shhh!!!!
Facts.

Indeed. Did you gloss over the one where we gave them money to get started?

They weren't given money by the govt, they either had to have it already or wait for the amount to arrive from a relative or to be release into the care of a relative.

http://www.powayusd.com/online/usonline ... ndsite.htm
Immigrants had to show their money to prove they were not paupers. The amount was left to the discretion of the inspector until 1909 when Commissioner of Immigration William Williams directed that all immigrants must have railroad tickets to their destinations and at least $25--at that time, the approximate equivalent of an inspector's salary
This

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:13 am

Buddy posted this on FB. Best analogy I've seen...haha
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1447773200226.png

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:17 am

Fudge wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Fudge wrote:
WLJ wrote:When my grandparents got here first things they did was
Learn English
Get a job

Now it's
Press 1 for English
Expect handouts

Yes I know it's not all of them, but it's enough of them doing this shit to cause problems. Much of it is being push by politicians for their political gain .

Everything you described in the top is what the folks in my parish do. Would you like to come meet them? We have a feast coming up in December.

Unfortunately your parish isn't like all of them, I wish they were.
You are correct. Which is why we should strive for that.

Yes we should, but they're not expected to assimilate like my grandparents were and in many way it's not their fault. The left has done a good job of making sure they feel like the shit hole culture they left is more important and overrides the one they came to.
Last edited by WLJ on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:22 am

I actually edited my post slightly and we must of pressed submit almost at the same time. Just changed the wording slightly to be more clear to this

Yes we should, but they're not expected to assimilate like my grandparents were and in many way it's not their fault. The left has done a good job of making sure they feel like the shit hole culture they left is more important and overrides the one they came to.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by nemo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:37 am

Fudge wrote:Well amazingly all of current refuge and immigrant families have managed thus far not to kill anyone. Weve got some folks from Africa, Egypt, Libya, North Korea, Iraq, Iran, and a bunch from central america. They work. They goto mass. They pitch in at the picnic, feast day and the other night I danced in a congo line at the father daughter dance with a dad from Iran. His daughter and mine are friends. That dads "free shit" is working at UPS. His daughters "free shit" is a 1ka year catholic service scholarship to St Nick.

Amazingly in all the years weve been there none of them have tried to kill us. Now, they have battered fish poorly at the fish fry though.

Quality, productive people. WELCOME!
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:31 pm

John Kerry: 'rationale' for Charlie Hebdo attack was more understandable
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -live.html
In US media parlance, John Kerry is America's top diplomat. But what a crass, misguided, undiplomatic statement this is. Speaking at the US embassy in Paris, he appears to be saying the attack on the journalists at Charlie Hebdo earlier this year was in some way understandable or justifiable...
There's something different about what happened from Charlie Hebdo, and I think everybody would feel that. There was a sort of particularised focus and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of - not a legitimacy, but a rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, 'Okay, they're really angry because of this and that.' This Friday was absolutely indiscriminate.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Taking "Dindu Nuffin!" to a whole new level

Suicide bomber 'blew himself up because of stress', says Ibrahim Abdeslam's family
Mother of three brothers linked to Paris attacks gives extraordinary interview in which she says her suicide bomber son did not intend to kill
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... amily.html
Their mother Faklan, speaking to a reporter through her nephew - the bombers' cousin - outside the family home in Molenbeek, Brussels, told the Belgian website Het Laatste Nieuws that she was sure he had not planned to kill anyone.
Another family member said he would not have wanted to become a suicide bomber. "Maybe the explosives went off prematurely by accident. Maybe it was stress.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Invoking Article 5? Maybe

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:00 pm

WLJ wrote:Taking "Dindu Nuffin!" to a whole new level

Suicide bomber 'blew himself up because of stress', says Ibrahim Abdeslam's family
Mother of three brothers linked to Paris attacks gives extraordinary interview in which she says her suicide bomber son did not intend to kill
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... amily.html
Their mother Faklan, speaking to a reporter through her nephew - the bombers' cousin - outside the family home in Molenbeek, Brussels, told the Belgian website Het Laatste Nieuws that she was sure he had not planned to kill anyone.
Another family member said he would not have wanted to become a suicide bomber. "Maybe the explosives went off prematurely by accident. Maybe it was stress.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447812043.205244.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447812043.205244.jpg (202.11 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:25 am

The vetting process is terribly flawed. There needs to be massive improvements before they're allowed to enter the US. Here's an example from 2009 where an Iraqi settled right here in the blue grass.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda- ... d=20931131

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:26 am

A woman has blown herself up and a suspect was shot dead during a police raid on a flat in a Paris suburb, while seven arrests were made.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34853657

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:27 pm

ballistic shield used by the entry team (who I believe were CRS riot police of the PN, but I am not sure) countering the Bataclan theater attack, showing 18 impacts, reportedly from 7.62mm bullets fired from AK-type rifles
- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... Tdb1I.dpuf

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:31 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34861346
Bloodiest attacks in 2015 linked to 'Islamic State'
13 Nov - Paris, France Gunmen and suicide bombers kill at least 129 people.
12 Nov - Beirut, Lebanon Suicide bombers kill at least 43 people.
31 Oct - Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt Plane crashes killing all 224 on board. Russia says a bomb caused the crash and an IS affiliate says it was responsible.
10 Oct - Ankara, Turkey Suicide bombers kill 102 people at peace rally. Turkey blames IS, but no group claims the attack.
20 Jul - Suruc, Turkey Suicide bomber kills 33 people.
26 Jun - Sousse, Tunisia Gunman kills 38 people, mostly British tourists.
26 Jun - Kuwait City, Kuwait Suicide attack kills at least 27 people.
22 May - Qatif, Saudi Arabia Two suicide bombs kill at least 21 people.
21 Mar - Sanaa, Yemen Suicide bombings kill at least 137 people.
18 Mar - Tunis, Tunisia Gunmen kill 19 people, mostly foreign tourists.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:32 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-34840858
Obama to veto extra screening proposal for Syrian refugees
Posted at 22:39
President Obama has said he will veto legislation proposed by two Republican congressmen which would introduce new requirements for potential Syrian refugees .

The "American SAFE Act 2015" would "create significant delays and obstacles in the fulfillment of a vital program that satisfies both humanitarian and national security objectives", said the White House in a statement.

Current screening processes for Syrian refugees include multiple federal intelligence, security and law enforcement agencies.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Toddstang wrote:
He is my role model. He is everything I could hope to be other than the president which I feel he should be.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Need more like her

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34852817
Amid rising anti-Muslim sentiment in the US following the Paris attacks, one woman made a public display of both her faith and her patriotism by donning a stars-and-stripes hijab on Fox News.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 pm

The EU will publish a TOTAL semi-auto rifle ban proposal tomorrow
https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/20 ... -tomorrow/

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Never let a good crisis go to waste....
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:26 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
He is my role model. He is everything I could hope to be other than the president which I feel he should be.
Amen

gaston_kalash
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by gaston_kalash » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 pm

SI JE PUIS

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”