big named companies starting to discriminate

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Jay
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Jay » Mon May 21, 2012 12:47 am

long story short. I work 2 jobs and very rarely have time to shop at a decent hour of the day. so i shop at night at walmart. I usually get my ammo there as they are the cheapest around town.

went in there tonight around 11:15 to get some deodorant an shampoo and stuff well decided to pick up some ammo since i was there. Some old a$$ comes back and says they are not selling it to me because it is to late and because of all the crime going on now. I ask when this started and he said a year ago. I said thats kind of funny i bought ammo here a couple weeks ago late at night like this and had no problem. Told him thanks for discriminating towards me and i was going to the manager.

got someone which wasnt the manager just his peeon explained my situation and notified her that I work 2 jobs 17hr days and what have ya. she called the manager and he still declined my request for the ammo. so from now on I will spend a dollar or two more for my items else where. I respect others beliefs and what not about things, but when u discriminate against me for being a gun owner because some other worthless piece of trash decides to use a gun as his tool to kill; you then have crossed the line.

end rant sorry guys just sharing the situations. And sorry in advance to you older guys no harm ment in anyway. sorry for grammatical errors i know it makes things hard to read.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Re: big named companies starting to discriminate

Post by Ar-Rob » Mon May 21, 2012 2:51 am

They have had that stupid policy in place for a few years now.Apparently if you buy ammo after 10pm it's for a drive-by or gangbangin.
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Mon May 21, 2012 5:16 am

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 am

The 10pm cutoff has been normal for Walmart for at least a decade, nothing new.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Mon May 21, 2012 7:20 am

I have never ran into that policy at the hillview wal-mart. The only thing that stops me from ammo there at night is people not having the keys to the ammo case. Last time I was up there they said the guy from the shift before had forgot and taken the keys home......
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 am

That's went on for a while now. Sometimes I get lucky n it's a person that don't know n they'll sell it to me. But for the most part after 10 no sale.
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Mon May 21, 2012 8:25 am

since I work till 11pm I go into wal-mart in e'town around 11:30 most times. while it is hard to find someone with keys they always sell it to me. oh well aside from .22lr I will have no use for ammo for quite some time.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 am

From another forum

http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.html? ... 7&t=234728
For what it's worth...

I asked around about this.

Clearly there's no such KY law prohibiting ammunition sales at any hour of the day. As to walmart policy -- we all seem to be receiving mixed responses.

One gentleman checked with a friend who manages his local walmart. He advised that it was a walmart policy only to sell between 9am and 10pm. Others here in the fourm have posted that some locations even have signs posted as such. Perhaps they just don't staff the sporting goods department after 10 PM.

Mr. Hall from KC3 (Kentucky Coalition to Carry Concealed) inqired via the internet, and received a phone call in response from walmart. Here's an excerpt from his reply to me...

**I finally got a reply out of Wal-Mart. A manager type from my local store was given the information regarding my Internet inquiry and he called me this afternoon. We had a very nice chat including him asking some questions about KC3 about obtaining a CCDW license.
Apparently, the NICS system closes to inquiries at 10 PM daily, so no firearm transactions can take place after that until it opens again in the morning (8 AM?). That is why you cannot buy a firearm, if it wasn't for NICS, they would sell them all night long. According to the manager, any other item in the store is available for sale and whoever refuses to sell you mechandise does so in violation of corporate policy. He went on to state that there is NO such KY statute that he is aware of that bars firearms sales after certain hours (except for the indirect influence of the NICS provision, otherwise I fully agree).

So, it has nothing to do with staffing, state or local law, or otherwise, it obviously comes down to someone, who for whatever reason, decided they weren't going to sell ammunition at that particular Wal-Mart at that particular time. The manager suggested that if ever that happens again, one should ask to see the store manager. If that fails to complete the sale, ask for a phone number to call the corporate office.

Of course, the new provision of KY law, to take effect July 15, should result in the CCDW license qualifying for the federal exception to the NICS check. If the FBI grants the exception to KY licensees, you WILL be able to buy firearms after 10 PM because you won't NEED the NICS system to be available. This issue is still up in the air, as far as I know, the FBI has yet to rule on the exception but I can imagine that it will ONLY apply to licenses issued AFTER a certain date which will be NO SOONER THAN July 15.
**It should be noted that the above reply is in reference to KY issued CCDW licenses ONLY, not CCDW licenses in general. His conversation with the manager was strictly limited to KY (walmart) policy also.

In conclusion, it seems we have various implementation / interpretation of what may or may not be official KY walmart policy. KY law is crystal clear. Walmart policy is clear as mud. Some walmart employees are misinformed, confused, lazy, or just ignorant. <-- my humble personal opinion

If you're not a member of KC3 you should be. They are dedicated to protecting and enhancing our right to bear arms in Ky. We should support them as best we can. http://www.kc3.org/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Mon May 21, 2012 8:43 am

Never tried buying ammo that late there. Only problem I have ever had there was trying to find someone to actually open the damn case. Once I left after 20 minutes of no one being anywhere near that department.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 am

Some Walmarts don't even have anyone working the sporting good areas after certain times.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 am

I ran into the 10pm rule a while back as well. Thank goodness because there would have been blood in the street if I had gotten ammo :llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 am

I bought it the next day and everyone was safe.....

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 21, 2012 10:08 am

Not selling ammo after 10pm stops shootings in the west end don't you know.

Harleyx2
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Harleyx2 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:40 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I ran into the 10pm rule a while back as well. Thank goodness because there would have been blood in the street if I had gotten ammo :llama:
I keep enough ammo on hand that i don't need to buy it, after 10 pm

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon May 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Yea they said they have had that policy for awhile but it has never been brought up before.
I only buy it late like that because I work 17hr days and have no other choice. If I do get a chance to get it at a reasonable time they are usually out.
I wrote to corporate and still no call. Until I get a call to clear up this issue I'm done with that company.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Harleyx2 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:I ran into the 10pm rule a while back as well. Thank goodness because there would have been blood in the street if I had gotten ammo :llama:
let me clarify, I was at a Walmart at night and since I was there I was going to pick up more ammo.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon May 21, 2012 9:15 pm

jackalo626 wrote: let me clarify, I was at a Walmart at night and since I was there I was going to pick up more ammo.
Then you must have been thinking of doing a drive by or something on the way home.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Well got a call today from Walmarts main manager. He checked the policy and called me. There is nothing in their policy or state policy says you can't buy after a certain time. He is communicating it out with the rest of the managers and fixing the issue.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by etownguy » Fri May 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Harleyx2 wrote:
I work till 11pm so it is inconvenient for me to go there before work my mornings are typically busy before I leave.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by etownguy » Fri May 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Jay wrote:Well got a call today from Walmarts main manager. He checked the policy and called me. There is nothing in their policy or state policy says you can't buy after a certain time. He is communicating it out with the rest of the managers and fixing the issue.
glad you got a manager that gives a damn!

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat May 26, 2012 2:49 am

Yup me too. He even gave me a $25 gift card.

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Thu May 31, 2012 3:21 am

Meijer's sell it 24/7(if they can find the keys @ night)

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Shineybore » Thu May 31, 2012 4:54 am

I've bought ammo after 2:00 am at the Walmart in Fern Creek. Had to get the manager, but he was cool as hell. He was telling me about how they can't keep the AR's in stock. Its a roll of the dice if you can get the manager out of the office that late at night.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 am

Middletown has a sign up for no ammo sales after 9pm....

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:33 am

I have seen the signs posted that they cannot sell firearms after a certain time (9:00 pm) but it is due to NICS checks. The ammo sale-time cut-off is bs and is a matter of upper management not communicating the policy clearly to the store managers. The store managers then set their own "policy" whether it is valid or not.

A year or so ago I went to the Walmart on south Dixie Hwy. (10000 block). Due to work I got there after 10 pm. I wanted to buy some ammo (9mm and 45 acp) and was told the cut-off time policy. One moron who was tagging along with the mgr. even had the ignorance to say that it was a federal law. When I told the mgr. how much I intended to spend he told the guy helping me to help me load the cart and go up front to see if it would ring up. I checked out with zero problems.

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”