Let just say this gun control meeting didn't go as planned.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am

In Illinois yet

Northern Illinois gun control event blows up in the faces of sponsors
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=5089&utm ... f-sponsors
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 am

Link broken

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Let just say this gun control meeting didn't go as plann

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:30 am

Northern Illinois gun control event blows up in the faces of sponsors

[Click to view image: 'aa434c774561-36879662731d5c4a0b7c2fc80bb3cdcf.jpg']

(Photo: Those in the audience at the organizational meeting for a grassroots group for Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence.)

It was a bad Sunday for sponsors of an meeting to create a grassroots chapter of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence at the Glenview, IL Police Station Auditorium failed miserably as supporters of the Constitution and civil rights took part in the event.

In the end, unsubstantiated assertions by the gun control advocates were challenged by a boisterous audience.

The local newspaper had this to say:

Gun Ownership Advocates Intentionally Pack Panel(Glenview Patch) – Gun ownership advocates intentionally packed Sunday’s gun control panel by the New Trier Democrats, as pro-gun advocates — who were encouraged to come from across the state in a mass email from the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) — argued and yelled at panelists throughout the program.

“Remember, this is our Lexington, this is our Concord,” the email read. “Be prepared to teach the gun controllers a lesson in liberty.”

The email also encouraged attendees to arrive between an hour and half an hour early, to “ensure that there are more of OUR people there than THEIR people,” according to the email. That resulted in venue at the Glenview Police Station auditorium filling up, with many would-be attendees turned away at the door.

The majority of the crowd — around 2/3 — were wearing NRA and ISRA paraphernalia, and holding American flags and signs, such as “Shall not be infringed” and “Pro-second amendment.”

While all of the speakers faced outrage and yelling from the crowd — with many being called a “liar” or “loser” as they spoke — none seemed to anger the crowd as much as Lee Goodman, of the Stop Concealed Carry Coalition.

Goodman, who was booed as he came to the podium, started out on the wrong foot with the audience, commenting, “[The Illinois State Rifle Association] email said to dress nicely and be polite — and I’d like to say that you’re all dressed nicely.”

But the boots on the ground told a more interesting story of what happened. Steven Zahareas posted the following on ISRA’s Facebook page:

[Editor: With some minor editing for readability.]
I was the first one there at the meeting at 11:58am.

The Glenview police officer that I spoke to showed me into the room and he supported us.

When their people started showing up they said that the two front rows were reserved, I said that there was no reserved seating. The second time they brought J. Jjenkins over and she asked me to move saying that the elderly were going to sit there and I said, “we would see how many elderly showed up”.

The third time they came up and asked me to move I replied, “My name is not Rosa Parks and I am not going to the back of the bus.” I had saved four other seats up front for us and held firm. I saw it for what it was, to get their people up front and push ours out.

The moderator who wanted to start the meeting said, “Let’s start the meeting” and tried to start the meeting and someone from our side said, “Let’s start the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance” and we did.

I was in the front row and I saw for myself that the moderator rolled her eyes and not one of the anti-freedom, anti-Constitutionalists stood up for the Pledge.

Hey, who is surprised?

The man Jenkins could not, or would not, support any of his claims. He went so far as to say that violent crime in IL is down and when a crowd member on our side questioned him about the results Jenkins admitted that the City of Chicago was left out of the study and statistics.

Jenkins even tried to lull and appease the crowd by saying I am one of you as he pulled out a FOID card (remember Blago also had a FOID card…).

I asked him about the FBI UCR (Uniform Crime Report) that has the breakdown of murders by weapon. One person on the panel said he would not talk about it and would not answer that question, obviously because he knew the FBI UCR did not substantiate his claims. Jenkins compared us to Nazis and made the statement that NRA members are the ones who committed the mass shootings.

Jenkins made mention of the Civil Rights movement and I yelled out the Second Amendment is a Civil Right.

Lee Goodman started his little speech by insulting law-abiding gun owners. When he was reading his piece about the babies I yelled out “What about my babies?” “Why are you trying to take away my ability to protect my babies?”

Near the end of his involvement of the forum in the Q&A, he stated that the Second Amendment has no importance today. Then a Veteran stood up and stated that he fought for Goodman’s right to say what he was saying but asked him if he would support the same restrictions on the First Amendment. No answer from Goodman.

We need to meet them on every front and call them out on their lies. It was a meeting where we locked them out of their own meeting. No quarter! The truth shall set you free.

Their plan is to divide us and consume a piece of the pie at a time until there is nothing left but crumbs. For those of you who were first timers to see how the opposition works now you know the ridiculousness we are up against, recruit another gun owner to get involved in the ISRA, NRA, Gun Owners of America, Jews for the Preservation of Gun Ownership, or any other true gun rights organization. If you are a gun owner and you are not speaking up YOU are part of the problem.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 am

Good read.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 am

ssracer wrote:Link broken
Site seems to be going up and down.

Thanks Chopperdoc for posting the story.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am

WLJ wrote:
ssracer wrote:Link broken
Site seems to be going up and down.

Thanks Chopperdoc for posting the story.

welcome.

it is a good read and this is how we need to take care of things in this "battle" for our rights.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

Glad to hear! Battle them with facts and keep trying to get them to understand English. I know if the constitution was written in Spanish they might get it.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ,

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 am

Get what you ask for when you spew lies.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

awesomePOSSUM

Post by awesomePOSSUM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 am

They got em. The best way to fight the left is with facts. I'm glad they stood up for everyone. I feel bad for IL as a whole, but there are those trying to change things there.
You seem to have me confused...

You don't need a black rifle to be cool, but it sure helps.

Looksdeadtome

Post by Looksdeadtome » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

That's a good read. We need more people to stand up to these people and present the facts, not so called info and facts they have.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Finally starting to use their own tactics against them. This, coupled with true, verifiable FACTS will be their undoing in the long run.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 pm

[youtube]7C44B55YYLQ[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/7C44B55YYLQ

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358917264.110420.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358917264.110420.jpg (124.47 KiB) Viewed 358 times

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”