Hands of Coal Across Bell County

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Hands of Coal Across Bell County

Post by scorpionmain » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Hands of Coal, Obama has got to Go!
[youtube]c56sufzemDE[/youtube]
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

ijonbrown

Post by ijonbrown » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:01 am

Being from Bell County this made me very proud as well. I would love to see more South Eastern KY counties, Harlan for example, do something like this. Imagine a line through Bell, Harlan, Letcher, and Pike counties. Now that would be cool.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am

Unfortunately most of eastern Kentucky people that I have known (wife is from that area) are Democrats and vote as such no matter what, glad to see they are not the majority winning it for him.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 am

NOBAMA
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 336 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:08 pm

I love eastern Ky. Been there a few times to ride Harlan trails years ago and look forward to going back. It's an absolutely beautiful area. I would love to be able to afford to live there... Awesome seeing that many people supporting coal and Ky!

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Thousands line the highway in support of coal industry
Video at http://www.wbir.com/news/article/229994 ... l-industry

Layoffs in the coal industry in Southeastern Kentucky are making an impact on not only the families directly affected but the entire communities they live in.

That's why Saturday thousands of coal industry supporters lined Highway 25E for 17 miles from county line to county line for Hands of Coal Across Bell County.

"Everybody here has got a coal miner in their family," said organizer Joe Harris.

Harris, a Middlesboro business owner, doesn't work in the mines but he says everyone in the county is affected by the recent layoffs.

He put the idea on Facebook and in no time his neighbors jumped on board. He said he had 270,000 hits.

The rest he says took off on its own. Business owners began adopting sections of the highway and helping to get the word out.

Harris estimates 15,000 people came to get their message out.

"I'm out here to support my dad. He's been in the coal mines since he was 15 years old and I don't know what I would do if he lost his job," said 19-year old Alyssa Henderson. "Just because we're a small town doesn't mean we don't need to be heard."

Passerby blew their horns and supporters cheered and waived signs, but the noise settled at 2:30 when everyone joined hands to pray for their future.

"A couple times I drove from county line to county line and I just broke down to cry because we're fighting for our life here," said Harris.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 am

Very cool. My native Knott County is being decimated, last surface mine closed a few weeks ago. Business in the county is shutting down one by one, everything in the county relied on incomes of coal miners.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

[youtube]pu_Zi5h9MFE[/youtube]
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:37 pm

^^^
Watch that video!
–Samuel Adams

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Can u post a link.....trying to share this with a buddy and can't since I'm on my phone
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 pm

JustShootIt wrote:Can u post a link.....trying to share this with a buddy and can't since I'm on my phone
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
–Samuel Adams

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks!!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 pm

[youtube]18BqDwNlb6A[/youtube]
Hands of Coal Bell County, KY 2012.

Video runs the entire length of bell county from 2 to 2:30pm.
This video is shown in double time to make for easier viewing.
–Samuel Adams

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”