SYMA X3 quadcopter drone...get you one.

Think of the cool gadgets we all love, this would be the place to post about them.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

SYMA X3 quadcopter drone...get you one.

Post by ProCroation » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:01 am

I picked up my first "drone" to see how I like flying them. I've never flown an airplane and I suck at flying helicopters. I usually stick to RC cars and trucks instead. I bought it at Rural King in Shelbyville. NOT the $899 one they have advertised at the gun counter. This was on a shelf in a middle aisle. My wife pointed it out and it was only $30 something.

Finally, something I can fly confidently. The controls are easy to adjust to and the propellers are protected with plastic rings, so if you crash it, you won't break it. I fly mine in the house a lot but it's so much more fun outside. You can fly it high enough that you can lose visibility of it, so be careful. I've had to cut throttle and go hunt it down a few times haha. It's rechargeable...takes about a half hour or so. Run time is about 10 minutes as far as I can tell.

Hands down the most fun I've ever had, trying to learn to fly RC stuff. I highly recommend one to anyone just wanting to kill some time, having fun. Thoroughly worthy of $30 to $40 for the entertainment.

I found a thorough review of this model here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1893662

Sounds to be a solid entry level quadcopter.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Return to “Other guy stuff”