Versa carry holster

Boots, packs, mag pouches, clothes, pens, whatever tactical gear you can think of discuss here.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Versa carry holster

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Got a versa carry holster to try out. Mainly got it as a tuckable holster for church and stuff where I may need to tuck in a shirt. Realized it can accommodate a light too, so gonna try it out at the fair tonight since I'll be out past dark. I'll give a review later.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1405032247901.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405032226918.jpg

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Versa carry holster

Post by ssracer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:48 pm

I've looked at those. I like having some leather or kydex or something between my skin and the gun

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Yeah it was very uncomfortable with my sig. The xd is smoother and feels fine

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Geno » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:19 pm

I use a versacarry with a small Kahr CM9. Works great in scrubs. I think the small size of the pistol makes it possible for daily use. For street clothes, I use a crossbreed style for a SIG 226. I have considered a versicarry for a 1911, given the thin profile. Who knows, it may work.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:57 pm

It worked out fine last night. By the end of the night the light was getting a little pokey. The light never accidentally activated as far as I could tell. I wore 2 tshirts. One tucked in to hide my gun incase the other tshirt came up. The shirt stayed tucked in all night even after bending over and picking up my kids repeatedly and sitting on bleachers and going down a couple slides.

To put the loaded gun on the holster, requires a table top or counter. Otherwise you will have to use your thumb or hand and will be flagging yourself. This means reholstering is not an option if you had to use your gun. My plan in that event was my back left pocket but of course that is less than ideal.

I also noticed that due to the tight fit, when you insert the gun into the holster, it will pull the gun out of battery as it slides in. The slide on mine comes back about half an inch and then slides back forward if I don't keep my thumb behind it. This could cause a number of issues such as maybe accidentally racking a round into the chamber if you were planning to carry with an empty chamber.

Another point I'd like to make is that it is hard to tuck the shirt in. The shirt will be sandwiched in between the gun and the plastic clip. This also allows the shirt to be between the trigger guard and the gun. If you tuck the shirt in all lumpy and not smooth, it could snag on the trigger.

I think this holster is kind of potentially dangerous. I will probably use it sometimes but I'm not going to tuck my shirt in with it any more. I'm thinking my limited use for it will be as a cheap holster that accommodates a light. I would not use this on a 1911 because the safety could be swiped of since it rests right against your body.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Yeah....I prefer the trigger to be non accessible in a holster

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am

A buddy of mine bought one of these. Not my cup of tea. Like ssracer, I wouldn't care for the exposed trigger. Plus, the pistol not having some barrier between skin and the frame seems like it would get real uncomfortable after a while. My preference OWB carry. Tried a few IWB and can't get used to it.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Return to “Tactical Gear”