Rimfire rifles. 10/22 home.
renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Tech sights + scope?

Post by renovatio » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:13 am

Hoping someone with tech sight exp can answer this. On a 10/22, would it be possible to mount a rail, have the rear tech sight mounted to the rail, then use a see through scope mount and put a scope on it too?
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Tech sights + scope?

Post by renovatio » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 am

Does the rear tech sight mount to a rail without mods, or would I need to tap new screw holes through the rail and receiver? It looks like they line up with the holes in the receiver.
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:43 am

An see -thur rings are not the best to use with a scope.
Once you raise your cheek off of stock the you have reference point.
It is called cheek weld for a raisen.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Tech sights + scope?

Post by Mudcat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 am

The rear tech sight mounts to the top of the receiver using the 2 rear rail mount holes. I guess you could mount a short piece of rail in front of the tech sight using the 2 front receiver holes. But you could not mount the rear sight on top of the rail without raising the front sight up to the same plane. I guess nothing is impossible but seems like a lot of trouble. The see through scope mounts suck by the way.

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks for the responses guys.
Mudcat wrote:The rear tech sight mounts to the top of the receiver using the 2 rear rail mount holes. I guess you could mount a short piece of rail in front of the tech sight using the 2 front receiver holes. But you could not mount the rear sight on top of the rail without raising the front sight up to the same plane. I guess nothing is impossible but seems like a lot of trouble. The see through scope mounts suck by the way.
Short rail thing makes sense, I hadn't considered that. What's wrong with the see through scope mounts?
Mudcat wrote:Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk
racist

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

The high the scope the less stable
When cheek weld is lost so is the advantage of scope

Return to “Rimfire Rifles”