1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: WOW!

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Toddstang wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:
Mexican Kerry wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:So you said can't buy Chinese assault weapons.... I have a Chinese sks that was my grandfathers years ago. I think it's a norinco if I'm not mistaken. I haven't pulled it out of the safe in years.
My understanding was that since the ban Chinese firearms weren't allowed importation any more, not that there never were any in the States. Apparently this isn't the case as there are obviously some that are allowed. I know many people have expressed a wish to have Norinco 1911s available to them, maybe someone here can shed some light on the legislation.

According to wikipedia haha, 1993 marked an American ban on most Norinco products, except sporting shotguns and ammo. Then in 2003, the sanction was expanded to exclude all Norinco firearms and ammo, as a result of allegations of missile-related sales to Iran.

Doesn't explain how they are now being sold again, unless being re named under a different brand makes them ok.

As for making the head hurt trying to understand, same here with our laws.
That's interesting. My sks is stamped norinco compasseco bardstown ky.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388876876.805857.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
There were hundreds of importers of Chinese firearms before 1994.
Your gun was imported BEFORE 1994
I figured as much. Was kinda more curious about the company that imported it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Compasseco in Bardstown is big in airguns and has been for many years. They did do a lot of Chinese imports back in the day.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Wyldman wrote:Compasseco in Bardstown is big in airguns and has been for many years. They did do a lot of Chinese imports back in the day.
Cool deal. Thanks!

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Found a company in Missouri that sells butt stocks for these. Gonna have to do it the hard way. The one I ordered is 18.5" barrel with a pistol grip. Found another pace that sells them here with a full stock and 28" barrel (and dammit its 50 bucks cheaper!)

Wish I had found that one first, I'd only have to lop the tube down and put a bead on it. Ideally would like a full stock and 22" barrel. Too late cause I already ordered and paid for the first one.

Dang it.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:07 pm

I had one of these- you'll have to do some polishing for sure. Cool gun; you have to handle it like a man or it will jam up, no sissie stroking it!
Weird action on it. You have to have a round loaded in order to close the action all the way.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 am

First thing I'm going to do is work the action about 20000000 times. Not very scientific but might knock down the burrs that are sure to be there and smooth out the action a bit. Can't hurt to try.

On the plus side, I may have a buyer for the T2 version, which frees up funds to buy the full stock 28" barreled one I found. Can't afford to buy both, even if they are cheap azz Norincos.

Return to “Shotguns”