Video: Fact vs Fantasy - Beretta M9/92FS

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Video: Fact vs Fantasy - Beretta M9/92FS

Post by WLJ » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Good info in this video

Fact vs Fantasy - Beretta M9/92FS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOB4HvWSpAM

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video: Fact vs Fantasy - Beretta M9/92FS

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:47 am

He failed to mention my favorite "feature" of the M9:

When you're wearing a lot of gear the cool ambi, dual-function "safety" will catch on your clothing (or vest, or a strap, or a seat belt) and switch itself on (and off...and on...).

Drawing from the holster and finding a dead trigger is an adrenaline rush.

M9s with G kits are cool. M9s without G kits...not so much.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

92G is only way to go.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Frailer wrote:He failed to mention my favorite "feature" of the M9:

When you're wearing a lot of gear the cool ambi, dual-function "safety" will catch on your clothing (or vest, or a strap, or a seat belt) and switch itself on (and off...and on...).
I would have to argue that is pretty much a "feature" of just about any gun with a manual safety.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Dustin wrote:92G is only way to go.
92/96s require the addition of a couple of a parts that can be purchased to be converted from F to G
The PX4 line with a very similar safety setup require the removal of a couple of parts, a spring and a ball bearing, to do the same.
Converted both my PX4s from F to G. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:53 pm

WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:He failed to mention my favorite "feature" of the M9:

I would have to argue that is pretty much a "feature" of just about any gun with a manual safety.
It's certainly a *possibility* with any exposed manual safety, but in actual practice I never had a 1911 safety move on or off safe while in the holster. In fact, a 1911 with this issue would be deemed unsafe, and justifiably so. Happened with my M9 all the time--and not just mine.

I've never understood the logic behind having a thumb safety on a DA/SA gun, be it a Beretta or a CZ. IMHO, you should give it a decocker or design it to be carried cocked and locked.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:09 pm

Seems to me it should be common sense to include thumbing the safety on the draw in your shooting practice with any gun with a manual safety.
You did mention the 1911 which, guess what, you had to flip the safety off on every draw if carried cocked and locked. Not sure why some people couldn't do with a 92 that they already had to do with a 1911.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Dustin wrote:92G is only way to go.
This makes it hands down one very dependable war ready sidearm. The G conversion is such a inexpensive, easy to install kit that it really needs to be implemented across all stock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:44 pm

WLJ wrote:Seems to me it should be common sense to include thumbing the safety on the draw in your shooting practice with any gun with a manual safety.
You did mention the 1911 which, guess what, you had to flip the safety off on every draw if carried cocked and locked. Not sure why some people couldn't do with a 92 that they already had to do with a 1911.
Frame-mounted vs. slide-mounted safeties present different ergonomics. The latter just doesn’t work for me. With the 1911 safety your strong side thumb is “there”...and stays there.

Your mileage, of course may vary.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”