Is the Remington R51 Safe?

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 am

More Remington woes? Thinking I may want to reconsider buying one and wait and see if they get the bugs worked out, just like they did on the 700. :roll:

Go through the comments, more info and photos there

http://www.thebangswitch.com/is-the-rem ... n-r51-safe
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Is the Remington R51 Safe?

Post by Toddstang » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:24 am

Sad to say Remington is only a shell of its former self. Their quality has gone to shit.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:26 pm

I wouldn't waste any money on one. I wasn't interested in it to begin with and so far I've heard nothing but bad reviews about it.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:52 am

I talked my buddy out of one when they first came out, used this to rub in his face.

Remington survives on the 700 alone , and truth be told thats only due to the after market parts . A loyal market helps to blind the public to just how poor a choice it is when compared to what its currently offered by other makers. While still a functional rifle , it is grossly over priced for what it is and what you get, add to this the money saving changes to the weapon over the years and quality has gone way down, the price to manufacture has gone way down, yet the price for the market keeps going up. You got to throw 1K in to them before they are worth what they retail for.

Ok thats my POS rem rant.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 am

Anyone handled a recently built Remington Marlin lately? Reports I read that the first ones out were FUBARed but the more recent ones may have come up in quality but how far is what concerns me. Been wanting a Marlin 45-70 Stainless Guide gun for a long while.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun May 11, 2014 2:25 pm

This guy breaks down issues with the gun one part at a time. Picture heavy. An amazing amount of work for a forum.

The Remington R51, Explained
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=750299

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”