Beretta isn't good?

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Beretta isn't good?

Post by Tyler » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Exactly^^^^
Height Supremacist

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Some of us like them enough to have 2. But we still had the 1911 when I was in. And have some of those too.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:01 pm

The record of the M9 alone speaks volumes to its reliability and quality. Any firearm in service as an issued weapon is going to have both people who love them and people that hate them, You will hear more testimony to how well or poorly they functioned. You could put any firearm , even glock in that same spot and have the exact same results, they get abused, broke, repaired, then issued again, its that nature of the job.

The PX4 is not an M9 , while it may share the brand name , the pinto came from the same company that made the mustang. Im not saying that the PX4 is the pinto of Beretta, but I am saying that its not the mustang. Had the PX4 been some sort of issued weapon to some elite unit , or adopted as the official firearm on the US military , im sure you would see s huge spike in demand. You cant expect it to be a new kid on the block and suddenly be touted as or recognized as being just as good as a glock, who has at this point MANY years of being a reliable issued firearm of the bulk of police forces around the nation. At best its Berettas attempt to take a small portion of the glock market, offer some features that there current customers like and maybe some that glock customers are looking for. What its not is a revolutionary design that will change handguns forever, its not in service through any nations military, its not issued to most police forces, but its also not a bad option.

Overall the point im making is that you cant expect it to be as well know or trusted as a glock, and hating on glock because thats what people want , wont make the PX4 any better. I have no doubt that while it may not fly off your shelf, it will sell given the right buyer comes across it.

To avoid all of this, just keep all the guns you buy, dont sell them, throw it in the closet and save up for some more!

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm

I have to agree with slo-vo86

Worked on them, not a fan.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:22 pm

My only real dislike with Baretta is that their manual safety is bass-ackwards from every other handgun I have ever shot. Up for fire, down for safe.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Up for fire on a slide mount and down for fire on frame mount. Preferably no safety at all. Thank god for Sig, it's even got Glock beat.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 pm

I would trust my life with a Glock over any Beretta any day but I carry a S&W M&Pc. There is a reason Glock is in more holsters than Beretta's.
Beretta's a one hit wonder with the 92. I love the 92 as well and that where my Beretta love ends. The rest of their handguns could be thrown to the bottom of the sea and I wouldn't miss them.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Glock is kind of a one hit wonder too when you think about it.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:10 pm

justang1997 wrote:Glock is kind of a one hit wonder too when you think about it.

That has been selling record #'s ever since it hit the shelves.
When you make a product that is perfect, why change?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:57 am

I view the often maligned safety on the 92 more as a decocker anyway.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Toddstang wrote:
justang1997 wrote:Glock is kind of a one hit wonder too when you think about it.

That has been selling record #'s ever since it hit the shelves.
When you make a product that is perfect, why change?
When manufactures start tweaking with it's product line, this is when crap starts. Change colors, change grip patterns, let's make a select few with dodads all over them.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”