FNS-9, my 1st FN gun experience

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 336 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Traded for this yesterday and put a couple hundred rounds through it today. It's a nice looking and feeling gun in the hand. Don't really like it, don't dislike it. It's just kinda meh to me. I shot about the same as with a Glock with it. The trigger feels kinda Glockish. Nothing else about the gun does though. I like the grip angle, texture, sites. Not the trigger... I haven't taken it apart yet, probably will in a few minutes though. 17rd mags load pretty easy like a M&P, easier than Glock and MUCH easier than my CZ. Wasn't really reviewing this pistol, just kinda thinking out loud after shooting it for the first time... I never see or hear anything about FN pistols other than the 5.7. What's everyone's opinion on them? Just curious if most are similar to mine or totally different...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381960136.530242.jpg

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: FNS-9, my 1st FN gun experience

Post by dbh » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:59 pm

You are a gun whore !! :)

I have always liked the looks of the FN...never shot one.

The CZ mags will get easier to load...they are all new but one !!

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:39 pm

FN is good 2 go

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:40 pm

I've always like that thy ship with 3 mags. I hate that Springfield gives you a holster and a double mag pouch but only two mags

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:05 pm

I have an fnx-9 and I love it. The fact it ships with three mags is also a plus. I have no complaints. You mentioned your mags loaded easily... Man is a straight pain in the ass. After about 10 rounds it's almost impossible.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 pm

I have had 2 Fnp-9's and only traded one for a sub compact for the wife since I kept my Fnp-9. I like it for my edc bag that has it chambered and decocked on safety so it only has to have the safety switched off to fire da. Simple and fast when carried off the body for me and the three mags and metal sights are a plus. Very reliable gun by a reputable manufacturer that hasn't malfunctioned on me that I can remember. When carrying on my person I prefer no manual safety so it fills its purpose carrying to and from work since no carry in my building....... I hear they say.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:00 pm

I still have the CZ Dave, I really like it. Maybe a little bit of a gun whore though...haha I don't hate it. It's not terrible. I would take a stippled M&P over it any day though. I wasn't super accurate with it by any means. Much more accurate with M&P and CZ. Shot about the same as I do a Glock, maybe worse if thats possible...haha It was easy to get apart and clean. I guess my logic is that if I shoot shitty with it like a Glock, I might as well just have a Glock...haha I can't put my finger on one thing specific about it I'm not digging. There are definitely things I do like about it. Feels decent in my hand. Not sure why I didn't shoot well with it. I'm going to give it another try or two before I whore away on to something else...haha I'll just keep trying them all until I find one, or 10 I can't live without...
That's the way I've been carrying the CZ Jack, one in the chamber and hammer down. No safety on it. It has the decocker installed on it now. I'm not a fan of safety's.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:01 am

Not the biggest external safety guy either but my instance it makes sense getting it out of a bag that zips open and is tight fit just adds to its comfort level in my mind. I practice all the time getting it out of the bag when I get home and clicking safety off on draw every time I get home and aim at various objects in the house (safely and alone). If I didn't have this bag it goes in then if don't think I would ever use the safety and just bypass it just as someone who owns this could already and carry loaded with hammer dropped as well and be safe.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 am

One of my favorite pistols is my Belgian made Browning Hi-Power, made by FN. Mine is one of the rare ones that came from the factory with adjustable sights.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 am

I had the FNP. Liked the gun, but I could not get used to the external safety / decocker.

The FNS looks to me like the safety is better built / placed and more solid.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:10 am

It's very small, tight to the gun and firmly clicks on and off. If I were to use a safety this is a good of design I could imagine.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 am

100% ambidextrous without switching anything also. That is a cool design if your a lefty. I shoot about the same either handed.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:24 pm

FN makes good stuff. I had an FNP for quite awhile and it shot very well. Eventually, I did switch to glock exclusively, but that was due strictly to personal preference.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm going to shoot it again tonight and see if it grows on me any. If not, off she goes...haha

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 am

I put another 100rds through it last night and it's not for me. It seems like a really nice gun, I like the way it feels in my hand. I still don't like the way it shoots. Not sure what it is. Just doesn't feel right for me...Off she goes. haha

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:I put another 100rds through it last night and it's not for me. It seems like a really nice gun, I like the way it feels in my hand. I still don't like the way it shoots. Not sure what it is. Just doesn't feel right for me...Off she goes. haha

It must be broken.

I'll give ya $50 for it.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:21 am

ChopperDoc wrote:
niceguyr6 wrote:I put another 100rds through it last night and it's not for me. It seems like a really nice gun, I like the way it feels in my hand. I still don't like the way it shoots. Not sure what it is. Just doesn't feel right for me...Off she goes. haha

It must be broken.

I'll give ya $550 for it.
Sweet, it's yours...haha

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”