PTR 91

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
767fixer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: PTR 91

Post by 767fixer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:44 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
767fixer wrote:Lots of bad comments about the ptr 91 on here, but seeing I've had 3 I have a bit of first hand experience. The trigger is not an ar trigger. It's a battle rifle trigger. They can be tuned though. For and finish was excellent in everyone I had owned. They go bang everytime. A bad barrel is something I never had. They are made by Thompson center. I'd think about trading my 460 S&W for the wood stock one the op posted.

My history
The rifle in question, the barrel was not made by TC
The reciever is a PTR and that about as close to a PTR as it gets.
I was referring to the post above mine about the Barrel. This thread shouldn't be pt91 then lol.... it should be kit build :)
Last edited by 767fixer on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:01 pm

767fixer wrote:I love the opinions guns create. Glocks suck ... glocks are awesome. The hk 90 series guns suck, they are great. And usually it's the opinion of people who have never handled the other. Personally I haven't fired a fal, and don't know the gun. It may be great. I just don't like the look of them. I don't like the rear sight mounting not on the barreled reciever. But it's, like everyone else's, an opinion. Something must be right about the 90 series because their resale value is only increasing.
The real HK battle rifles are the shit. The clones have left a lot on the table. The likes of Dakota Tactical and Parabellum Combat Systems rebuild the REAL HKs to factory specs and even rebuild the clones. PCS rebuilt my Century C93 and it looked as good if not better than any REAL HK I've ever seen. The guy does quality work.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 pm

son of liberty wrote:I have always Regarded The Whole HK91 series , branded by whoever , called what ever, to be by design some of the worst MBRs ever made . Even the ones that functioned are POS from the get go, I feel they are a waste of 308.

To each his own but if we were giving opinions I had to throw mine out there.
There's a reason the FAL and not the CETME/HK91 was referred to as The Right Arm of the Free World.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:05 pm

WLJ wrote:
son of liberty wrote:I have always Regarded The Whole HK91 series , branded by whoever , called what ever, to be by design some of the worst MBRs ever made . Even the ones that functioned are POS from the get go, I feel they are a waste of 308.

To each his own but if we were giving opinions I had to throw mine out there.
There's a reason the FAL and not the CETME/HK91 was referred to as The Right Arm of the Free World.
Price.

Return to “Other Rifles”