Company making exact copies of Inland WW-II M1 Carbines.

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Company making exact copies of Inland WW-II M1 Carbines.

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:27 pm

WLJ wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Group buy with Cranky's High-Point discount!
Will it come with the custom coating?

Aloha Snack-bar!!!
Not touching that with a 10 foot pole
Nope
No

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Expected release January 2015
https://www.facebook.com/inland.mfg
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Inland Manufacturing

website site under construction

http://www.inland-mfg.com/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Harb
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Harb » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:25 pm

The M1 Carbine is one of my favorite weapons. You rarely see a piece as perfectly balanced in weight and firepower. Let's hope they're better than the stupid Iver Johnson and Universal ones that aren't even the same gun under the hood. And let's hope they start making quality after-market magazines. The crummy ones put out by other companies jacked up the price of war time surplus.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:32 am

My father used his M1 carbine to shoot coconuts on Guma.
Of course that was after the japs surrendered.:-)

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 am

those prices would come down if your Prez would allow those Korean returns...

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:52 pm

I always heard the carbine was underpowered for shooting people at distance, more of a close range weapon?

this article talked about it some:

"The .30 cartridge was much less powerful than the full-power battle rifle cartridges. The bullet was not designed to break at the cannelure, and the cartridge did not produce sufficient velocity to ensure good effect past 100 yards. The .30 carbine was designed as an area defense or personal defense rifle and, in that category, it has performed admirably.

Interestingly, after-action reports from the Pacific are more glowing in terms of praise of the M1 carbine. The M1 survived World War II with its reputation largely intact.

When matched against heavily clad North Korean and Chinese adversaries in Korea, the carbine’s reputation suffered. Previously, in Europe, there had been some complaints, too many to discount. Within its design specifications, the carbine worked well; when pressed into action as a battle rifle, it was outclassed."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:40 pm

It was never really intended to be a full blown battle rifle though I thought. Wasn't it supposed to be just something to give those who didn't carry battle rifles something a little better than their 1911 sidearm? It was almost supposed to be kind of a 1911 replacement, not a battle rifle replacement

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:54 pm

I would have rather had a Thompson. Not sure the grease gun was that great although my dad carried a carbine and/or a grease gun in Korean War (armor unit).

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

ssracer wrote:It was never really intended to be a full blown battle rifle though I thought. Wasn't it supposed to be just something to give those who didn't carry battle rifles something a little better than their 1911 sidearm? It was almost supposed to be kind of a 1911 replacement, not a battle rifle replacement
Correct
Used in the way it was intended it's quite effective, it's when people started using it for a purpose it was never meant for was when the problems were reported.
Last edited by WLJ on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I would have rather had a Thompson. Not sure the grease gun was that great although my dad carried a carbine and/or a grease gun in Korean War (armor unit).
If I were deploying tomorrow and my only two weapon choices were a Thompson and an M3 grease gun, I'd go with a grease gun, hands down.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Ever handled a Thompson? Freaking heavy and a PITA to keep clean and functioning in field conditions.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:21 pm

WLJ wrote:Ever handled a Thompson? Freaking heavy and a PITA to keep clean and functioning in field conditions.
This.

They're beautiful, no doubt about it. But that's about all they have going for them.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes have handled a Thompson. My dad loved the grease gun so much that he even brought one home and when the amnesty happened he got scared and had it welded up. It then burned in a house fire. He had an ak47 he brought back from Vietnam the same way and same thing happens with it.

Return to “Other Rifles”