MAC: 5 Minute Tavor Trigger Job

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

MAC: 5 Minute Tavor Trigger Job

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:14 am

I may have to try this on mine.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]dizuRNL0HIs[/youtube]
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

fromkentucky
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: MAC: 5 Minute Tavor Trigger Job

Post by fromkentucky » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 pm

I mean, I guess as long as it doesn't get dirty, it shouldn't create any problems. I seriously cringed when he used that micro-screwdriver as a punch though. Good god man, punches aren't that expensive!

I would love to see a drop-in replacement trigger pack from Geissele or Timney though. He's right, the trigger is the main thing holding that rifle back. With a decent trigger, I'd love to have an 18" TAVOR.
"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

-U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:20 pm

fromkentucky wrote:I mean, I guess as long as it doesn't get dirty, it shouldn't create any problems. I seriously cringed when he used that micro-screwdriver as a punch though. Good god man, punches aren't that expensive!

I would love to see a drop-in replacement trigger pack from Geissele or Timney though. He's right, the trigger is the main thing holding that rifle back. With a decent trigger, I'd love to have an 18" TAVOR.
It's meant to be a combat trigger not a match trigger. But yea, I cringed too when he used the micro screwdriver instead in a punch. BTW: About the only thing you gain with 18 vs the 16.5 is slightly more vel and the ability to put a bayonet on it which looks kind of silly on a rifle so short.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:34 pm

I want one.

FDE with the extra 9mm conversion. Would probably sell the AR to do so when they can be found easier.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

fromkentucky

Post by fromkentucky » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:58 pm

BTW: About the only thing you gain with 18 vs the 16.5 is slightly more vel and the ability to put a bayonet on it which looks kind of silly on a rifle so short.
I'm aware, but the extra 75 ft/sec is there, the weight increase is minimal, the cost is the same and the muzzle will be that much further from your face. On an AR15, I can understand why 18" barrels aren't that popular. I don't really see a reason not to go ahead and use the extra barrel length here.
"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

-U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 pm

86 slo-vo wrote:I want one.

FDE with the extra 9mm conversion. Would probably sell the AR to do so when they can be found easier.
KyGunCo did have FDE ones in stock a while back. Wouldn't mind a FDE one myself.

9mm kits. Too much $$$ IMHO. I'm waiting on the 22 kits.
http://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/iwi-tsk9.htm

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:56 pm

I watched it last night on his channel. Here is my thing with it, lets not design things to adversly perform in anticipation of dirt when we can just isolate the parts better from dirt. Design better and have bigger goals than to just admittedly give up and say lets work around all of the debris we let in the rifle instead of keeping those particular parts isolated.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I watched it last night on his channel. Here is my thing with it, lets not design things to adversly perform in anticipation of dirt when we can just isolate the parts better from dirt. Design better and have bigger goals than to just admittedly give up and say lets work around all of the debris we let in the rifle instead of keeping those particular parts isolated.
No sure you could completely dust seal a service rifle to that extent without causing other problems and serviceability issues. They tried to do that in the F/FS2000 and people bitch about the weird things it did in that platform. Not mention the crap the internal workings of the rifle produces, burnt powder from the chamber, hot gases, etc.. Heat dissipation becomes a major issue.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:I watched it last night on his channel. Here is my thing with it, lets not design things to adversly perform in anticipation of dirt when we can just isolate the parts better from dirt. Design better and have bigger goals than to just admittedly give up and say lets work around all of the debris we let in the rifle instead of keeping those particular parts isolated.
No sure you could completely dust seal a service rifle to that extent without causing other problems and serviceability issues. They tried to do that in the F/FS2000 and people bitch about the weird things it did in that platform. Not mention the crap the internal workings of the rifle produces, burnt powder from the chamber, hot gases, etc.. Heat dissipation becomes a major issue.
Don't be so naive to think solutions won't be engineered to do exactly that. We went to the moon, transplant hearts, nuclear power, built planes from a dream and a will. We as humans can do anything we out our mind to with a little motivation and a can do attitude. We will look back at this time in 20 years and laugh about how silly we were to text with our fingers instead of just thinking of the text and a phone sending it on its own.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Don't be so naive to think solutions won't be engineered to do exactly that. We went to the moon, transplant hearts, nuclear power, built planes from a dream and a will. We as humans can do anything we out our mind to with a little motivation and a can do attitude. We will look back at this time in 20 years and laugh about how silly we were to text with our fingers instead of just thinking of the text and a phone sending it on its own.
And we still can't make a good instant coffee.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:19 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Or stop male pattern baldness....

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Or stop male pattern baldness....
Or figure out what women want. Heck they haven't either but somehow that our fault too.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Honestly I thought for a while I would never see my Tavor, I pre-ordered on Dec 7th, Sandy Hook was on the 14th and then all hell broke loose. The Tavor was even mention by name in the ban bills. Received it on April 1st.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Now they're saying they're going to try and get the Micro Tavor into/made in the States. First they got to figure out how to deal with it being an SBR out of the box, the ATF can be so darn difficult in that area. One idea I read is to sell it with a long barrel and then when the owners tax stamp comes in the owner can switch the barrels out. Said it may be a couple of years.

Return to “Other Rifles”