For all your parts and firearm needs.

Moderators: adayton, Stamler Machine

adayton
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

HTA (Huntertown Arms) DOLOS quick break down AR-15 kit

Post by adayton » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:45 pm

I finally have these in my hands ...
I found they are very easy to install ... There is a YouTube video that takes you through the process ...
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One thing that is missing from the video is that fact that they include 3 #8 shotgun pellets with the kit ... These are used with the allen screws that secure the Tri-Lug to the front of the upper so that the allen screws don't bugger up the threads ...
As I said, I have these in stock now and am selling them for their MSRP of $169.99 ... (Let's just say $170.00) Does not include firearm or backpack ...
If you would like to see and touch one before purchasing, I have one that I have set up on a 16" AR-15 that I built just for demo purposes ... (I may switch it over to a pistol at some point to make the whole package much smaller)
Here are some pics of the one I have for demo ... In the first pic, it is laying on the small backpack that I use to carry it around ... It's a one arm backpack that I picked up at Walmart ... and it holds several 30 round mags and there is also room for an extra handgun (or 2) plus mags for the additional firearm(s)
IMG_20141121_121155_424.jpg
IMG_20141121_121221_491.jpg
IMG_20141121_121322_869.jpg
[youtube]pB19zdWp3v8[/youtube]

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: HTA (Huntertown Arms) DOLOS quick break down AR-15 kit

Post by kokopelli » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 pm

I played with this the other day- IT. IS. AWESOME!!!
Locks up tight, comes on/off in 3 seconds.

yagreg
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times

Post by yagreg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm

I too have checked one of these out and agree with the above post 100%.

adayton

Post by adayton » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:50 am

yagreg wrote:I too have checked one of these out and agree with the above post 100%.
Thanx Greg ... for the bump ...
I appreciate...
Also Thanx to Ron for the comment above this ...

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by shaggy1392 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:47 pm

I got to play with this for a minute today. It's pretty cool. I would much rather have it than a 10/22 takedown in my pack while out in the woods. It comes apart and back together just as quick. May have to get one in the future.

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:38 pm

any idea/info on how these things hold up over time and repetitive use? do they shake loose from rapid fire or need constant readjusting each range trip. if your not cranking down on those set screws it seems to me they would eventually work loose
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

adayton

Post by adayton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 pm

bigelowe wrote:any idea/info on how these things hold up over time and repetitive use? do they shake loose from rapid fire or need constant readjusting each range trip. if your not cranking down on those set screws it seems to me they would eventually work loose
Too early to tell (for me, anyway...) as I have not had many range trips with it thus far ...
I will be in touch with the manufacturer about that, but my guess is even if they have a report or 2, my guess is that they would pass them off as anomalies ... or something such and give them a good report anyway ...
Only way to tell for sure is the actual 'time test' ... and I will be sure to post anything that may be regarded as negative on here... (that's just the way I am ... :-) )
Thanx,
Allan

Return to “Stamler Machine Co”