Some of our past, Kentucky born AK work:

The AK-47 and all variants therein.
mike@meridian
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Some of our past, Kentucky born AK work:

Post by mike@meridian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Thought we'd share a few projects we've done here recently with the KY forum. Some of these were for local folks, a few went to TX and elsewhere.

Egyptian MISR kit on NDS1 receiver

Romanian G kit on NDS1, Molyresin flat black on receiver only; aged to match host kit

Detail of aging on receiver and our attempt at matching the Romanian factory rivet work
7.62mm AK103K type carbine, done on a Saiga conversion

MAK90 underfolder total de-ban (had the riveted plate covering hole for folder and a standard tang welded to the rear trunnion/plate)
Meridian Ordnance LLC
07/02 SOT Gunsmithing, Refinishing & Sales
http://www.meridianordnance.com
Find us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/meridianordnance

jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Some of our past, Kentucky born AK work:

Post by jdf747emt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:40 pm

nice, very nice, looking for a drungnov type stock for a vepr in 7.62x54r, with the square back receiver, what do you recommend, thanks! Merry Christmas.
Creed of Platoon 1007, B Compnay, 1st Bat. Parris Island 1978 April 24. When your hot your hot, if not your dead.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Talked to mike a couple weeks ago and will be getting one of my AK's out there ASAP for some quality work.

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:20 pm

What's it cost, generally, for a basic AK build from a kit? Assuming I supply all parts including receiver. Just looking for a ballpark figure, never really looked into this stuff.

Found it on their site: "Basic build services on a US made stamped receiver, complete fixed stock rear trunnion parts kit with an original barrel and your 6 compliance parts include the following in the base pricing of $279"

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:42 pm

I still want to build a 74 with a slide fire stock.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Dustin wrote:I still want to build a 74 with a slide fire stock.
Haha. I thought about that a ton.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:32 pm

I really want an AK74 but I want other stuff more...haha

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 pm

I want some wood furniture as nice as these for my AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Awesome pics

mike@meridian

Post by mike@meridian » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:12 am

Jason wrote:What's it cost, generally, for a basic AK build from a kit? Assuming I supply all parts including receiver. Just looking for a ballpark figure, never really looked into this stuff.

Found it on their site: "Basic build services on a US made stamped receiver, complete fixed stock rear trunnion parts kit with an original barrel and your 6 compliance parts include the following in the base pricing of $279"
That is correct. We try to outline most of the basics on pricing there but there are tons of variables with AK builds as you all know. Our build service includes three main components: labor, metal refinishing and rivets. Customers can provide all or none of their parts and may purchase kits, receivers and 922r bits through us or supply any combination of such. If you're utilizing a US made barrel that needs to be populated and headspaced, typically you'll add $100. If you're using a virgin kit, again, typically add $100. Generally, we do NOT build on flats and only use NDS or CNC Warrior receivers. If you have a flat or a Polish bent shell, we ask that you keep it. The exception is if a model is not available, such as the NDS8 for example (RPK74) we may be able to build on a flat for you.

Another common question we get is on de-bans. These include the MAK90, NHM91, SAR1, SAR2, SAR3, MAADI, VEPR series, AES10B, Arsenal "thumbhole" rifles like the SA93 and others. We handle these on an individual quote basis. If you have one you want to get right; we will work a quote for you based on how correct you want to go with the conversion or how "practical/tactical" you want to go with modernizing it. We stock many parts for this sort of work, and of course you can supply your own if you prefer. Example:

Chinese MAK90, straight cut receiver; de-banned and re-worked into a practical AKM with a slightly shortened, crowned and threaded muzzle, new front sight base, Ultimak rail, new fire control, US PALM grip and K-VAR furniture.

Romanian 5.56mm SAR 3 de-ban using original condition Romanian wood furniture, correct 22mm FSB with bayonet lug, and US brake from CNC Warrior
Meridian Ordnance LLC
07/02 SOT Gunsmithing, Refinishing & Sales
http://www.meridianordnance.com
Find us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/meridianordnance

Return to “AK-47”